Last week I ended up having four days off from school (due to the snow) so it was like a very extended weekend, except that I was sick and couldn’t take full advantage of the days off. I finally started to feel better on Saturday so we decided to finish the last of the tiling and then start the grouting. As usual, these two tasks ended up taking most of the day and by the time we were done it was dark outside and we were starving.
Here is my tile cutting space… complete with two cups of tea and lots of scattered spacers. I was really trying to rush to get all the tiles up so we could start the grouting process, and there were definitely a LOT of tiles that needed to go up on that wall.
Here are our grouting tools- pre-mixed white grout, sponge, and spreading tool.
It’s kind of hard to see the tiles in this photo because the white grout makes them fade away, but most of the right side of the wall has been grouted at this point.
I didn’t take many photos during the grouting or caulking process because there really wasn’t much to document, and once you get started it’s hard to stop and take breaks.
Here is a before photo just to use as a comparison since it’s more of a subtle change.
This is the end result, complete with outlet covers and caulk on the joints. The photo doesn’t quite do it justice, but you can get the idea. :)
Here are some more photos of the kitchen with the new backsplash!
Here’s the view from the living room.
And one last kitchen view.
Oh man, I was so happy when we finished that last little bit of grout!! It took forever, but I think it was definitely worth every minute and now we can sit back and enjoy the result until it’s time to start the next project.