Small changes are coming to the porch, in particular the removal of the metal railing. It certainly took long enough for us to get around to this project, but it felt good to do something with it. I wasn’t really sure what to do about it- paint it, remove all or part of it, put something new up… I think the confusion about what to do and Jimmee’s packed schedule have contributed to our procrastination since I tried and tried to loosed those screws by myself with no luck.
I got some looks from the neighbors while we were out on the porch hauling the things away, possibly because we didn’t get the neighborhood board’s approval. Let’s face it, they don’t approve much, so we just had to take a chance and go for it. We may even sand blast the railings and put some of them back with a more neutral color.
So here are some photos of the process.
These screws were ridiculous. They didn’t want to budge, no matter what, and it seems like we used most of a can of WD-40 to loosen these guys.
It’s a little messy on the porch (and around it), but here we are making some progress. Two down, four to go.
I’m not 100% sure how I feel about the new look, but at least it opened things up and took away some of the craziness of the black metal designs. This house has a lot going on with that mint green, the stone, the weeds covering the front bed. It’s a mess right now.
Can’t wait to get the new plants in! That will definitely spruce the front up and make it look a little bit more cohesive.
Hope you’re all having a great week. xo anne